Oct 13, 2015

Home again

We made it to Blogorado this year. Finally put faces with names in meatspace, and got to spend more time with folks I haven't seen in far too long.

It was ... well, it was a great weekend. I'm not going to go into a ton of detail. Nor am I going to shower you with pictures, mostly because I didn't take many.

But a few high points over the course of the weekend...
- busting clays with Ambulance Driver. That dude can plain run a shotgun. After a rough start I settled in wonderfully on a youth-sized 20ga 870 - which sounds a little odd but man that gun pointed right, down to busting a double with one shell.
- sitting in the shade of MattG's truck with him and FarmDad and Scribbler, shooting the breeze about guns and life and then popping shots at prairie dogs of opportunity.
- sitting in the dark with Tam and Spear and a couple other folks and just chatting guns. First guns. When guns entered our lives. Etc.
- Cougar hunting. No, really. Dynamite on an old defunct Mercury Cougar. Out around 350yd. My latest AR build turned in three of the four explosions on that car, with targets about the size of a two-liter bottle.
- Reaching out with the new AR (p'dogs at 400yd) and the Savage .308 (solid hits at 750yd) with distances I've never played at.
- FOOD. Oh god, the food. Next year, I'm packing my Sansabelts.

Now ... laundry is in progress, unpacking is started, and I've got a lot of guns to clean.

4 comments:

Farm.Dad said...

Glad you could make it and looking forward to seeing you again

loveyournurse said...

I had an absolute blast (pun intended) this weekend. I have already plugged the dates into our calendar for next year!

Jennifer said...

So good to get a face to go with the name.

Old NFO said...

Good to see you again! And y'all fitted in nicely! :-)