Mar 25, 2012

Miscellaneous Detritus

I was curious about weights of the carry pieces I've been using recently, so I tossed them on the scale. The M&P9 (full size) with a full mag (that'd be 10+1 in my parts) comes in at two pounds on the nose. The M&P40c with 10+1 tips the balance at... 1lb 15.5oz. Yep. A half-ounce lighter. Doubtless a large portion of the similarity is the difference in the weight of ammo, but I expected a larger difference.

Last night's lesson had more to do with not being stupid. We checked in to our hotel and I told the clerk I'd be paying cash. He was fine with taking it then, so I unzipped the back pocket in my murse and dipped in to grab the money we'd set aside for the hotel - sitting right next to the above-mentioned .40c. Fortunately it was a tall counter and no one was nearby, but... Oops.

3 comments:

Keads said...

That's OK, I just left an Appleseed event today and the manager noted me carrying the rifle cases to the car and asked me if I was a musician! I told him no, a Rifleman!

Old NFO said...

LOL, it's those 'inadvertent' ones that get ya... And I'm surprised somebody actually WILL take cash these days...

ZerCool said...

NFO - they needed card to put on the room when we checked in (and when I made the reservation) but were perfectly happy to take greenbacks when we checked out.