Mar 30, 2012

So long, Newbius

I got a voicemail from OldNFO last night (actually, this morning, but he left it last night) confirming yesterday's news. I think somehow we all knew it was true - NFO is what I'd call an utterly trustworthy source - but I was grasping at straws that it was all a big misunderstanding. It's not; NFO heard directly from Mrs. Newbius.

I was pretty much reeling yesterday morning and in a fog for a lot of the day. I'm reeling again.

I'll be tapping out some thoughts later, and putting up a couple pictures.

For the time being, I'll leave you with a mental image:
Newbius, grinning from ear to ear, riding up on an electric scooter and tooting the horn the whole way - and presenting Mike V with a chariot for the NRA show.

That's just the kind of guy he was.

2 comments:

Bubblehead Les. said...

Yeah, it's for real. : (

DaddyBear said...

I remember that. Newbius got everyone to chip in so that Mike could have a scooter to go around the events with. He was a great guy, and we're all going to miss him.