Apr 6, 2013

Recoil therapy

Not much, but a bit. Took a couple friends to the range, burned a box or two of .22, a couple boxes of 54R,  a handful of 20ga shells, and the current magazine of .40 in the carry gun.

I found one complaint about the TruGlo on the 15-22: it needs an allen wrench to adjust the sights. It was hitting a few inches left at 50yd. Still a nice palm-size group in rapid fire at that distance, but not quite where I wanted it to be.

The 91/30 belonged to a friend, and was dead-on first shot. The back end of the range was a mud hole, so we stayed at 50yd, but it was keeping a 2" group there. 1943 Izhevsk with '72 Bulgarian light ball.

4 comments:

Old NFO said...

Good times! And yeah, range trips ARE getting shorter dammit...

mhaithaca said...

No wonder I kept hitting left with the 15-22. Let's blame the sight. ;-)

ZerCool said...

I am going to blame the sight, because I'm confident in my shots. :-)

Wally said...

We sent some lead downrange this weekend too. Still a little chilly, but no less enjoyable.

A ran probably a dozen pistols, 22-44, all with style :)