Feb 9, 2013

Little dusty...




I asked you fellers if you would be on the lookout for my Dad's M1 Garand, Serial Number 1380819. In that post, Clifford and Tester19 made a post and asked if I had checked with The CMP and had them do a search for it.
I did, and they had it.
They had my Dad's Springfield Armory M1 Garand and I purchased it through the CMP Rifle Sales Program.
[...]
I have never know Dad to see an M1, where he didn't look at the Serial Number, just HOPING for that day.

Full story here.

(ETA: Trying to avoid some confusion; this is not *my* father; the above is a quote from the forum where the story came from. Click through for the whole story - and the guy's original qual sheets!)

9 comments:

On a Wing and a Whim said...

That's... wow. Fifty years, out of all the garands out there... You done good, ZerCool. You done damn good.

Pardon me, must go find kleenex.

ZerCool said...

Just to be clear, Wing - that's not my dad or his rifle. (He served, but it was in the Army and an M14 in Alaska.) Just figured others would appreciate that one.

On a Wing and a Whim said...

Thanks, Zer - thought you meant it was you, not you were quoting. Does not diminish the awesomeness one iota.

Keads said...

That is awesome!

Old NFO said...

Yep, dusty in here... And kudos to ALL involved in making that happen!

Rev. Paul said...

That's the greatest thing I've seen all day ... I must be allergic to something.

ASM826 said...

Easily the coolest thing that happened today, and I did a front sight replacement on a 1911 and got to clean an old Browning A-5 in nearly new condition.

I am looking forward to your post when you present it to hm!

Lloyd Evans said...

My M-1 was SN 2121200, I left it at Quantico in December of 1959 when ! seperated. Who has it out there?

ZerCool said...

Lloyd, you may want to try the CMP forums... Anything is possible!