May 3, 2009

I have decided to resume some blogging here. Not much; certainly not the volume I used to post in LiveJournal. As the title indicates, if you know your latin, this is about entertainment, and to me, entertainment is the shooting sports. Of all kinds. Hunting. IDPA. Trap/skeet. Target. Plinking. Appleseed. Working on guns, shooting guns, cleaning guns, reloading ammo for guns, etc.

So what's my background? I don't have one, really. First air rifle when I was about 12, a Crosman 760. Around age 21 I bought a Remington 597 .22, and it's been downhill ever since. I've shot handguns, rifles, and shotguns. Bolt-action, pump-action, revolvers, semi-autos, and single-shots. From the diminutive .17HMR up the massive .50BMG.

I don't have a particular preference in guns - I like most of them. The mechanical intricacies fascinate me. The elegant lines of an Italian double are as attractive to me as the blocky functionality of an AK. Admittedly, I have a penchant for older guns... but many do.

I'll start you off with one photo, and I expect there will be more as time goes on.

IMG_9971.JPG
(Smith&Wesson 28-2 "Highway Patrolman" .357)

1 comment:

Jay G said...

[droooooool]

Good to read you, bro...