Oct 8, 2014

Whoops!

Somehow I forgot to mention this here. I was out walking the dog on Monday when my phone chirped with a new email alert. I glanced at the subject line:

eForms Application Status Change Notification


... opened it.

This is to advise you that the status of your eForms submission ... has changed to APPROVED.
With attachment... a beautiful pdf of my signed-and-stamped Form 1.

I scooted home, printed multiple copies, and slapped the upper and lower together that had been living separately for the last five weeks:


The lower is, of course, engraved by York Arms:


The barrel was also profiled/finished by York, and is a 10.1" 300BLK, with a Kaw Valley linear comp. Handguard is Diamondhead VRS-T. Stock is a Magpul MOE, grip is ERGO, and the optic is a wonderful Primary Arms MD-AD red dot on a Fortis F1 mount. The bipod is an Atlas with quick disconnect... not necessary but awful useful for bench work, and rock solid.

First range trip was today. Had some issues with handloads, particularly those using Hornady 130gr SP bullets... but then I tried some of my Nosler 125gr BTs. I think I have a cherry load that both the Pale Horse and this SBR like; I'll have to try up and down a few tenths each direction but 16.5gr of IMR 4227 looked good.

So ... I'm in a free state and my stamp collection is officially underway. :-D

4 comments:

Old NFO said...

Very nice!!! How long did it take?

ZerCool said...

Forms were submitted 8/31, stamp received Monday 10/6. Note that this was e-filed by a trust.

Home on the Range said...

Excellent! That was actually pretty fast.

Old NFO said...

Not too bad!