Nov 1, 2013

Antenna thinking

I would dearly like to put a Real Antenna on the duplex. I don't think the landlord would be a real fan of me drilling new holes in the roof... but while walking the mutt, I was noticing the mount for the Dish that's up there.

It looks like the dish is friction-clamped on to the roof mount, which looks like a 1-1/2"-ish piece of gray pipe.

I need to pop up there when I have a day off and see if I can take the dish down, maybe put up a 8' piece of fiberglass extension, and then a 2m J-pole on top of that.

Only issue I see ... if said antenna came down, it stands a more-than-even chance of landing on Important Wires. Hrm.

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Choices choices... :-)

Carteach said...

Around here, our 'zoning officer' suggests our antennas be placed so they don't hit the neighbors property should it fall. that's about the only limitation they have.