Jul 17, 2011

My truck...

... she grew a giant orange wart.

0717110612

It's a Wilderness Systems Pamlico 120.

All the reviews I've found have been complimentary with a couple minor quibbles. Eastern Mountain Sports had them on sale and I finagled my side job income enough to pick one up yesterday.

I've been toying with the idea of a kayak for several years - in fact, MrsZ and I went kayaking on a half-day guided trip on the Maine coast the day after we got engaged. I debated a 10' boat and everything I found suggested I probably wouldn't be real happy with it in the long run, as far as maneuverability and tracking, not to mention speed.

There's a public ramp for a small lake two miles from my house, and innumerable easy-ins for a kayak to all the Fingerlakes.

Now to find some free time to see how it works.

2 comments:

elmo iscariot said...

Genevieve is dying of envy. ;)

Old NFO said...

Nice, waiting for the 'range report' on that one :-)