Apr 8, 2012

Some dark reading

Via a link over at the Feral Irishman, I stumbled into this collection of entries (reposted?) from someone who lived in LA during the '92 riots. Well worth the read, thought provoking, and should make you look at things in a new light. The link above takes you to the list of tagged entries, which are, of course, in reverse chronological order.

I just want to say - I have been writing it down as accurately as I can, with as little embellishment as possible. I have not tried to make myself ten feet tall or Rambo, because I wasn't. I was scared to death, ill prepared, rather foolish and largely incapable of knowing what was the best course of action to take during the riots. Nowadays, I would have evacuated Los Angeles within an hour of them breaking out or else taken refuge somewhere. Your basic dumb security guard at $14.00 an hour.

I've re-linked here in the correct order:
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7Part 8

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the links!