Apr 8, 2012

Tea drinker

When I was working straight nights, I was a coffee drinker. Not the two-pot-a-day kind, but a Very Large Mug on my way to work, or a large thermos that would get me through the first couple hours.

Until coffee started doing funny things to my stomach. Tired of heartburn and indigestion, I switched to tea as my caffeine delivery vehicle. I have continued this habit. I still enjoy a cup of good coffee here and there, but my daily drink is tea.

Mornings, it's usually Irish Breakfast tea of one form or another; Bewley's Irish Breakfast Tea
 is the best I've found yet. It's a hair cheaper at my local grocery (in the "UK Foods" aisle, not with the coffee/tea stuff!) than on Amazon, but if you can't find it locally, it's well worth the price.

Weekend mornings or other lazy times? Stash Premium Double Bergamot Earl Grey Tea, Tea Bags, 18-Count Boxes (Pack of 6) ... this stuff is top-notch if you like Earl Grey. (Link goes to Amazon.) Very strong citrus nose; great tea to relax with. I now completely understand, "Tea. Earl Grey. Hot." ;-)

6 comments:

Ruth said...

I'm a coffee drinker, but I was raised on tea and there's nothing quite like a good cup of tea some days. I've even convinced my husband (his parents raised him on cheap tea, so he didn't like tea....) that tea can be GOOD!

Lokidude said...

I just need to find a good bitter Asian green tea, and I'll be golden.

Old NFO said...

I'm not a tea drinker per se, but I'll give it a try! Thanks!

On a Wing and a Whim said...

It's a very tea-heavy household here; people giggle when I say "Oh, look on the tea shelf, and pick what you want." I personally think it's a little sparse - before moving from Alaska, I had a tea cabinet.

Lately, I have the caffinated ones for getting moving in the morning, and the decaf or herbal for unwinding at night.

ZerCool said...

Wing, you nailed it. We have a cabinet mostly dedicated to beverages of various types; cocoa, tea, etc. Black teas in the morning, herbals at night if I want a cup.

On a Wing and a Whim said...

mmm, cocoa. You say cocoa, I look up at the cocoa mixes, and decide it's a good night for making some from scratch, with authentic spiced brandy flavor... from the brandy. :-)

Thanks for the suggestion!