Jun 22, 2012

DuraCoat update

I put the final color coat on MrsZ's lower last night. Following an email from Wally, I checked the upper fit and it was snug but went together. Then I started checking some of the other pieces.

Tonight's project: removing overspray from the pivot and takedown holes, and mag catch. Derp. I already tried using DuraCoat reducer - it's far too cured for that to work well. I may run through Lowes and find a small grinding stone for my Dremel, then grit my teeth and get to it. The trigger and hammer pins took a little convincing but did get through.

To-spec receiver plus a thousandth or two of DuraCoat = too tight.

Live and learn, and a minor problem to correct.

No comments: