Aug 5, 2010

Cole slaw

I used to hate cole slaw. I don't know why, but as a child, it was on my "DO NOT WANT" list. Somewhere along the line, my tastes evolved, and now I will usually take some, and more if it's GOOD slaw. (KFC is NOT good slaw.)

I've been toying with recipes, and just put this together today:
1 medium head cabbage, shredded
3 carrots, shredded
1 medium onion, shredded
1/4c + 2T cider vinegar
1/4c + 2T canola oil
1/2c sugar
1 t. sea salt
1/2 t. celery seed
1T spice rub (Dinosaur BBQ "Cajun Foreplay" here)
1/3c mayonnaise

Combine the vegetables in a large bowl, stir.
In a food processor or blender, combine the remaining ingredients and blend well.
Pour over the vegetables and stir or toss until well-coated.
Chill, enjoy!

2 comments:

doubletrouble said...

Wish'd I'd known that- there's usually a tub of it sittin' in the fridge.
The Mrs. makes a mean slaw; we've found that it's immeasurably better after a day or two to "meld".

Newbius said...

Finely ground mustard powder. It is the "missing link" in most Slaw recipes. Add a little to the recipe and see what it does. :)