Aug 1, 2010

Quick Wrap

Saturday: drive up early, check in to the hotel, drive to DT's SSR, set up with DT, Mrs. DT, and Jay. Hang out, enjoy the evening, go back to hotel, eventually get to sleep.

Sunday: Get up, catch up with Dragon, have breakfast, head to the range, unload, check out the hardware, shoot shoot shoot shoot shoot shoot shoot shoot shoot shoot shoot shoot shoot talk talk talk talk eat eat eat shoot shoot shoot shoot shoot shoot shoot shoot shoot talk talk talk talk ... step on a nail ... shoot shoot shoot shoot shoot shoot...

Now I'm back in my hotel, had a couple burgers from McD's for dinner, a hot shower, and I'm probably going to be asleep within an hour.

Most fun I've had with my clothes on: FA .22LR ... suppressed.

Over the next couple days I'll have to make some adjustments on the blogroll, and may have a few new pictures to post.

TREMENDOUS thanks to DoubleTrouble and Mrs. DoubleTrouble for hosting us; to JayG for organizing, and to ALL the attendees who brought and shared SO MANY cool toys. More than once I heard, "Have you tried this? No? Here, have a magazine and go at it!"

5 comments:

Jay G said...

Thanks so much for making the trek out here, Z. It was really great getting to hang out last night, too - and shooting the 242... :)

And the new grips look KILLAH... :)

doubletrouble said...

Heh.
That's funny- I was going to use a similar description of events ("shoot shoot" & etc).

But anyway, just wanted to thank you for helping w/the set up & all; it was good to spend some "unfrenzied" time w/you & Jay.

ZerCool said...

Jay: a photo of the new grips on the K22 are mandatory at some point, you know. I wouldn't have missed this for the world; it was a much needed break from daily grind.

DT: Many hands make light work, and spending an evening in your esteemed company beat the living hell out of sitting in my hotel room staring at the TeeWee! (Obviously.)

Lissa said...

How's your foot, honey?

ZerCool said...

Lissa - thanks for asking! I saw the doc and got a tetanus booster Monday afternoon. The aftereffects of a TDaP are worse than the original injury by an order of magnitude...

The foot is fine; there's a small red dot where it's healing over. The rest of me, however, aches in ways I didn't think were possible. Gotta love modern medicine...