Jan 5, 2012

LaserLyte Followup

I had kind of let this slide by the wayside. In early December I posted an email I'd sent to LaserLyte about their Rear Sight Laser.

A combination of my schedule, the gun shop hours, and them being closed for inventory led to my not retrieving the slide for my M&P until last night - and the defective laser along with it. I'll be sending that off to LaserLyte today, but I wanted to post the reply they gave me last month:

Thank you for your e-mail.  I am very sorry to hear that you have had these issues. You have a one year limited warranty.  I can assure you that all of our lasers go through extensive testing to withstand recoil before released on the market and we do back our product 100%.   We have discontinued all of our Rear Sight Lasers except for our best selling units.  You may send the laser in and we can evaluate it.

I'm no psychic, but "discontinued all..." doesn't have a good ring to it. I checked their site, and the only rear sight lasers they have continued are for Glocks and Springfield XD-series.

Further outcomes will be posted as available...

5 comments:

Bubblehead Les. said...

I'm assuming you either put the original sight back on or upgraded the M+P to some sort of Tritium set up?

Reason I'm asking is that I shot Keads M+P with the Apex Trigger Mods, but he had a VERY Bright set of Tritiums on it. Wish I asked what Brand they were, 'cause they glowed so much in Broad Daylight, I was wondering if I needed to have a Geiger Counter nearby! Really NIce!

ZerCool said...

The RSL was the original rear sight, from the factory. It has been replaced with a set of TruGlo TFOs, which are tritium/fiberoptic combinations. No range report yet, but they are VERY bright.

mhaithaca said...

No, discontinuing most of their rear-sight lasers except a couple doesn't sound good, but "back our product 100%" does. Maybe when they confirm the unit's defective, they'll offer you a free upgrade to one of the better models. :-) Honestly, sometimes it's good to see a company narrowing its focus to a few core products. It gives those products more attention.

Old NFO said...

Not being sarcastic, but THIS is one of the reasons I don't use lasers on anything...

ZerCool said...

MHA - unfortunately, none of their current lineup fits any of my firearms. If they send me something "better" I'll just be tossing it on a classified ad somewhere.

NFO - amen. I think they're a great training aid and can certainly see where they'd be handy... but why rely on one more layer of complexity? Not to say I won't get another laser of some kind for the M&P, but it's not a priority.