Aug 14, 2012

Next rifle, continued

I asked for help with selector markings on this build last week. I've decided on "JUDGE / AVENGE" for the markings (Rev. 6:10), and a standard "cal: multi". Serial TBD.

Wally cut me a sample of the magwell image (seen in the previous post) and it looks freakin' amazing. It's right at the limit of detail for his cutter, which is a good piece of information to have.

I've been playing with specs and options otherwise, and this is what I've come up with. I'm open to suggestions, though I may well ignore them, and all of this is subject to change pending my discussions with York Arms.

Caliber: 300Blackout
Barrel: 18" x .750 stainless, 1/8 twist, fluted in front of the gas block, stepped target crown
Handguard: Samson EVO free float
Standard flat-top upper and BCG
MAGS-EFX stock (twin to MrsZ's)

Some kind of magnified optic, toying with something like a Nikon 3-9x50.

Purpose? Midrange varminting to medium game. Should be pretty sweet.

4 comments:

Borepatch said...

I love me some .300BLK. Just make sure the barrel's threaded for a can.

And add a night vision scope, and you have a fabulous varmint rifle.

ZerCool said...

Threaded barrel makes it a felony here in NYistan.

Old NFO said...

Enjoy! :-)

Wally said...

Well that was about the limit for *that* cutter. I could push that a bit yet-