Aug 15, 2012

Pale Horse engraving

I mentioned that Wally had cut me a sample (btw, this was a one-time favor, not a standard production thing, if you're wondering) of the Pale Horse image. Figured I'd share it for giggles:


Yes, there are some oddities in the image that are apparent at this size. Keep in mind that it's being engraved inside a 1.3-inch square. I won't lie ... I'm pretty proud of this one.

(OK, Sitemeter has gone nuts since Larry Correia linked this, so I'm going to take advantage of that and throw some extra details in. This lower is being cut by York Arms, when they have another batch of forgings to work with. They can do custom art, selectors, serials, caliber, etc. This particular rifle is going to be an 18" 300BLK rig for midrange varminting and medium game, and will get a complete custom DuraCoat job by yours truly before it's done.)

5 comments:

Old NFO said...

Nice piece! :-)

On a Wing and a Whim said...

That's pretty awesome :-)

Andi said...

LIKE

doubletrouble said...

Is good. Is cool.

Rev. Paul said...

Good stuff!1